Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MOVing To SQL 2005 on Crystaltech.com

I have spent the last 2 months or so designing and modeling my new application backend in SQL Server 2005 Express edition.

I am ready to move it to a production copy of SQL Server 2005.

How do I go about this?

What kind of words can I put into google to bring some sort of results.

I have been looking in many places but no luck on how to take all the tables I have made (some with data, some not) and copy them to a live SQL 2005 Server.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

When I right-click on the Database in the Manager, I choose Tasks..

But Import / Export options are NOT THERE.

What do I do?

Why is this option not in my instance of SQL Express.

Thank you.

|||Depending on how you want the database hosted you could use detach/attach, backup/restore or scripting of schema and data.|||

How can I produce a schema? I'm assuming that is what I need to do. I am moving the database from my local machine (SQL Server Express) to a hosted SQL Server 2005 machine.

Thank you for your help,

Jon

|||You would need to write a few lines of code that call SMO.|||Jon,
I am in the same boat with my Express db. I have signed up with CrystalTech for hosting. Did you find a good solution to your problem?

Greg Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment