Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving Transaction Log file to different partition

How to do that when I have already created database which have database and
log files on same partition. What I need is to move log file to another
partition.
DubravkoUse sp_detach_db and sp_attach_db. See KB 224071 for more info.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"duby" <duby72002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u6W1bi5nDHA.684@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> How to do that when I have already created database which have database and
> log files on same partition. What I need is to move log file to another
> partition.
> Dubravko
>|||detach and transfer
--
Shaju Thomas
e-Cosmos Technologies Ltd.,
Mail: shaju@.e-cosmostech.com
Phone(Off) : 51217038/39 Extn: 132
Mobile: +91 98455 21794
"duby" <duby72002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:u6W1bi5nDHA.684@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> How to do that when I have already created database which have database
and
> log files on same partition. What I need is to move log file to another
> partition.
> Dubravko
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment