Friday, March 30, 2012

MS Access "Upsizing" Tools in SQL Server

Dave,
I have tried the method that you described to import an Access database and
I keep getting the same error:
Could not set up data flow connections. The conection type OLEDB specified
for connection manager (then I see what looks like a registry entry) is not
recognized as a valid connection manager type.
I have also tried creating a new Integrated Services Project and run the
import from there. I get the same error. When I try to upsize in Access I
get a report that says that the tables were not converted.
Any suggestions?
"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Good to hear. You're welcome.
> --
> Regards,
> Dave Patrick ...Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> "Alex Maghen" wrote:
> | Thanks. Yeah, I get it jow.
> |
> | Alex
>
>
Looks like this should sort it.
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=255347&SiteID=1
Regards,
Dave Patrick ...Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect
"Rob" wrote:
> Dave,
> I have tried the method that you described to import an Access database
> and
> I keep getting the same error:
> Could not set up data flow connections. The conection type OLEDB
> specified
> for connection manager (then I see what looks like a registry entry) is
> not
> recognized as a valid connection manager type.
> I have also tried creating a new Integrated Services Project and run the
> import from there. I get the same error. When I try to upsize in Access
> I
> get a report that says that the tables were not converted.
> Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment