Monday, February 20, 2012

Moving Log Files

Have a look at the following article.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;224071
Peter
MCDBA

>--Original Message--
>I have inherited a SQL Server environment that was
haphazardly installed and managed. I am in the process of
trying to apply some form of structure to this
environment. Currently all data and log files reside in
the default data directory. I am moving the log files to a
separate directory on a different drive. I know I can use
sp_detach_db and sp_attach_db to move the log files, but
how can I move the log files for master, msdb, model, and
tempdb?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>.
>
Peter,
Thanks for the prompt reply. This is just what I was looking for.
"Peter the Spate" wrote:

> Have a look at the following article.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;224071
> Peter
> MCDBA
>
> haphazardly installed and managed. I am in the process of
> trying to apply some form of structure to this
> environment. Currently all data and log files reside in
> the default data directory. I am moving the log files to a
> separate directory on a different drive. I know I can use
> sp_detach_db and sp_attach_db to move the log files, but
> how can I move the log files for master, msdb, model, and
> tempdb?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment