Saturday, February 25, 2012

Moving Multiple MDB files into SQL Server

Hello,
I have multiiple MDB files to move into SQL Server 2000. What is the best
way to import these files? I want to keep checking
a certain network folder to see if a new MDB exists. If so, I'll move it
into the SQL Server,
then move the MDB file to a subfolder, then I'll check to see if any other
MDB files exist on the network folder.
Thanks
DonHi,
You can import the MS Access (MDB) tables to SQL server using DTS.
--
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Don" <dons100@.ameritech.net> wrote in message
news:91eCc.27585$eH1.12952254@.newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
> Hello,
> I have multiiple MDB files to move into SQL Server 2000. What is the best
> way to import these files? I want to keep checking
> a certain network folder to see if a new MDB exists. If so, I'll move it
> into the SQL Server,
> then move the MDB file to a subfolder, then I'll check to see if any other
> MDB files exist on the network folder.
> Thanks
> Don
>

No comments:

Post a Comment