Saturday, February 25, 2012

Moving mdf & ldf files to another server

I am running SQL Server 7 (SP4) on Windows 2000 Server
(SP3). I am trying to implement a DR solution for my SQL 7
servers. I have a tool (Legato's Replistor) that will
replicate the Data directory to my DR server which has the
same version of SQL running. I have replaced the entire
Data directory with that from the other server. Can I get
these databases loaded doing this?
When I tried starting SQL it started OK but my main DB was
in suspect mode. I tried to detach and attach the database
but I got a corrupt log file message (9003).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian Lough
IT Manager
Canpar TransportBrian,
You don't want anything accessingthe sql files while it is running. Andeven
if you did get the files to copy to another server they would not be
consistant and could not be trusted. You might want to look into Log
Shipping instead.
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Brian Lough" <blough@.canpar.com> wrote in message
news:002c01c3b503$02b101f0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am running SQL Server 7 (SP4) on Windows 2000 Server
> (SP3). I am trying to implement a DR solution for my SQL 7
> servers. I have a tool (Legato's Replistor) that will
> replicate the Data directory to my DR server which has the
> same version of SQL running. I have replaced the entire
> Data directory with that from the other server. Can I get
> these databases loaded doing this?
> When I tried starting SQL it started OK but my main DB was
> in suspect mode. I tried to detach and attach the database
> but I got a corrupt log file message (9003).
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Brian Lough
> IT Manager
> Canpar Transport
>

No comments:

Post a Comment