Saturday, February 25, 2012

Moving new data into dimension tables automatically using Integration Services

I have an Integration Services package that loads new data into tables that are dimension tables wi my cube. The same situation exists for my fact table. If I perform an "Analysis Services Processing Task" for the dimensions ,cube and measures, will that move the new data into my cube or do I need to perform the "Dimension Processing Destination" data flow task prior to this? Is the initial processing task good enough?

thx,

-Marilyn

You only need the Analysis Services processing Task!

-jamie

P.S. The correct nomenclature is the "Dimension Processing Destination" data flow component, not the "Dimension Processing Destination" data flow task. Tasks are in the control-flow.

|||thanks jamie for the good info...

No comments:

Post a Comment