Saturday, February 25, 2012

Moving msdb and model database to a standby machine

Hi
We are planning to do a hardware upgrade for our SQL 2000 STD edition.
I have to activate my standby database.
I am only restoring the standby for my Production database (tg)
But now I need to copy model,msdb DB also to get the jobs.
Can I drop and create the DB from Production using restore methods.
Please let me know.
Tks
Mangesh"But now I need to copy model..." WHY? model is empty database, template for
new database...
you can restore msdb if you use same version (and sp) and collation on
standby server
1. stop sql agent
2. restore msdb
3. start agent and check agent error log...
--
Aleksandar Grbic
MCDBA, Senior Database Administrator
"Mangesh Deshpande" wrote:
> Hi
> We are planning to do a hardware upgrade for our SQL 2000 STD edition.
> I have to activate my standby database.
> I am only restoring the standby for my Production database (tg)
> But now I need to copy model,msdb DB also to get the jobs.
> Can I drop and create the DB from Production using restore methods.
> Please let me know.
> Tks
> Mangesh

No comments:

Post a Comment