Monday, February 20, 2012

Moving MASTER and MSDB to a New Server

Hi,
Does this Help?
INF: Moving SQL Server databases to a new location with
Detach/Attach
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=224071
Also Look into to the articles mentioned in References.
Regards
Thirumal
>--Original Message--
>I am working on a consolidation project. I would like to
move my SQL
>environment from SERVER1 to SERVER2. The old SQL is the
default instance.
>It's moving to an instance on SERVER2. The server name
will be different
>after the move. How do I move the MSDB and MASTER in
this case?
>Thanks
>
>.
>
I've seen those articles. What's different in my case is that the name of
the server is also changing. I don't see references to that.
"Thirumal" <treddym@.hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:16b5a01c41cbc$aced51c0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Does this Help?
> INF: Moving SQL Server databases to a new location with
> Detach/Attach
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=224071
> Also Look into to the articles mentioned in References.
> Regards
> Thirumal
> move my SQL
> default instance.
> will be different
> this case?
|||Hi,
The article is still applicable. You need to drop the old
server & add the new one.
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/inf...server_name.as
p
HTH
Regards
Thirumal
>--Original Message--
>I've seen those articles. What's different in my case is
that the name of
>the server is also changing. I don't see references to
that.
>
>"Thirumal" <treddym@.hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:16b5a01c41cbc$aced51c0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
to
the
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment