Saturday, February 25, 2012

moving ms SQL databases

I've created a web application with Visual Studio 2003. Uploading my application to the server is easy enough. I use the Copy Project utility from the Project selection on the menu bar.

I'm using a remote server-- and hosting account that supports ASP.NET and ms SQL. But now I want to copy my ms SQL database and can't find any way to copy my DB to the server.

What do the best way to to this?

Paul
Tucson, AZ

Ask your hoster. Some options are hoster specific.

The Enterprise Manager has a tool to copy databases between two servers. This is one way - but do you have the rights for this on the server?

Then there is attach/detach. Same issue.

As you are not interested in theoretical discussions what could be possible (if your hoster would not disallow it), ask your hoster.

No comments:

Post a Comment