Saturday, February 25, 2012

Moving Objects!

What is the best way to move objects from Dev to Prod. I usally use All Tas
ks/Generate SQL Script and then run this in query analyzer in Prod. However
, If I am moving a couple of tables and they have foreign key constraints, t
hat relationship is lost.
Even when moving one of those tables. How to solve this?
Thanksprobably the best way to do this is via Scripts, although you technicaly
could use DTS or something.
I'm not sure what you mean by losing relationships ....?
You have to script the Indexes, Constraints, Etc.
Explain a little better what you mean.
GAJ|||I just noticed the scripting options which default to NOT script primary key
s, foreign keys. So I'll make sure to check those in the future.
Thanks
"Jaxon" wrote:

> probably the best way to do this is via Scripts, although you technicaly
> could use DTS or something.
> I'm not sure what you mean by losing relationships ....?
> You have to script the Indexes, Constraints, Etc.
> Explain a little better what you mean.
>
> GAJ
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment